Employment in the Medical Field
The Phlebotomy Technician program will cover cardiovascular anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law and ethics, safety and infection control, venipuncture equipment and procedure, dermal puncture equipment and procedures, venipuncture complications, and other special collections. Resume development is also obtained.
Here are some key topics and skills the students will learn, as well as be expected to complete in their role as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician:
● Students will apply knowledge in phlebotomy practice and quality assessment.
● Perform venipuncture procedures, capillary blood specimens, and spirometry.
● Demonstrate specimen handling, transportation, and processing.
● Understand differences in arterial, intravenous, & special collection procedures.
● Gain an understanding of urinalysis, body fluids, and other specimen collection.
● Utilize proper bedside manner and how to prepare the patient for venipuncture collection.
● Enumerate the general guidelines for collecting urine specimens and describe the purpose and
process of urinalysis.
● Obtain vital signs: blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature, height, and weight.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, phlebotomists are part of the medical technician industry, which is currently on the rise.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects this industry to grow at least 10 percent through 2018. Driving the growth for this occupation are the combined factors of a growing population, new and improved medical testing, and the increased availability of medical services. Because of these factors, it is unlikely that there will be a shortage of phlebotomy positions in the near future.
● Professional and engaging support offered through our Live Mentoring
● Support 6-Month Access to Online Video Content taught by Industry Experts
● Flexible scheduling that allows you to learn at your own pace Online On-Demand training is ideal for military lifestyle.
● You can continue the programs wherever you move
● Placement help after graduation – We are committed to our student’s success beyond graduation by providing you live access to Career Tools and Job Resources.
● National Certification Exam
Prepare for Industry Certification Examinations:
At program completion, students will be prepared to take one of the following national certification exams:
AMCA – Phlebotomy Technician (PTC)
Possible Career Paths
Dental Lab Technician
Clinical Lab Scientist
Medical Lab Technician
Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology
Medical Law and Ethics
Safety and Infection Control
Venipuncture Equipment and Procedure
Dermal Puncture Equipment and Procedure
National Healthcare Association
American Medical Certification Association
There are no reviews yet.